[Dixielandjazz] Coltrane: Giant Steps by Anachronic Jazz Band

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 26 19:34:54 PDT 2012

Rick Campbell wrote:
> After the recent heated discussion about the music of John Coltrane, I didn't see anyone offer links to the Anachronic Jazz Band of France...so they may have been a topic of discussion before I joined the list.
> This link will get you to a King Oliver-style version of Giant Steps.
>    http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=50662485&ac=now

Dear Rick,
As you correctly assumed, the Anachronic Jazz Band has been the subject of a DJML thread.
This is what I had to say in May 2003
    http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/2003-May/009725.html
And I still love the exuberance of its "Giant Steps".
Playing your link now.
Very kind regards,
Bill