[Dixielandjazz] Re: Anachronic Jazz Band

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sun May 25 09:38:56 PDT 2003

Dear Stan,
The basic personnel of the wonderful French Anachronic Jazz Band is:
Patrick Artero, t; Marc Richard, cl; Daniel Barda, tb; Philippe Baudoin, p;
Patrick Diaz, bj; Gerard Gervois, tu; Bernard Laye, d>
However, others are added (some subtracted) for particular tunes including:
Claude Gousset, tb; Andre Villeger, ts; Daniel Huck, as/v; Irakli de Davrichewy,
t; Goran Ericksson, as/recorder; Lionel Benhamou, bj; Dominique Obadia, d;
Dominique Vernhes, cl/as.
I can probably provide full details for each tune you have, if you send me the
titles.
Off-list though. We do not want to bore anyone.
My 2CD set covers recordings made in 1976-1978.
I do not know if they have come together since then.
A pity if they have not, for it was a great OKOM band playing (for fun) mostly
'modern' jazz titles.
Think 'Round Midnight, Blue Monk, Tin Tin Deo, Bernie's Tune, Salt Peanuts and
Joy Spring.
My favourites are Parker's Yardbird Suite using cl, recorder, p, bj & tu;
Coltrane's Giant Steps in the King Oliver Creole Jazz Band style and Dizzy's
Anthropology.
Daniel Barda will be remembered by some US festival audiences as the tbnist with
Paris Washboard, stars of several Stomp Off LP/CD releases.
Kind regards,
Bill.