[Dixielandjazz] Coltrane: Giant Steps by Anachronic Jazz Band

Rick Campbell ricksax at comcast.net
Mon Mar 26 15:30:06 PDT 2012

After the recent heated discussion about the music of John Coltrane, I
didn't see anyone offer links to the Anachronic Jazz Band of France.
They have been doing bebop tunes in trad style for some time, so they
may have been a topic of discussion before I joined the list. Their
work suggests "it ain't what you do, but how you do it."

This link will get you to a King Oliver-style version of Giant Steps.

Click on:

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=50662485&ac=now

Rick Campbell
Milneburg Social Aid and Pleasure Society Jazz Band
Portland, Oregon USA
503-701-7356
ricksax at comcast.net