[Dixielandjazz] Support live music

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 16:25:18 EDT 2020

Marek, this would have been great fun, entertainment, and learning for me. The price would have been fine for that.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL

On Sep 19, 2020, at 4:05 PM, Marek Boym <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote:

Believe it or not, but live music is not completely dead!
Last Monday I went to a jazz show at a private residence.  True, we had to wear masks, and the public was restricted to 10 people, but still - live.  Not cheap - it cost NIS 120 (more or less US$35 + another $10 parking).  But the trio (trio only, so that the musicians would get at least a little money) was excellent.  With Jacques Sany on soprano, Shimi - banjo, vocals and leader, and Anton Lotzky - sousaphone.  The programme included standards and Sidney Bechet's songs, as befits Jacques.  It was interspersed with stories about Armstrong and Bechet.  And swung like hell!
Cheers