[Dixielandjazz] Support live music

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 16:05:54 EDT 2020

Believe it or not, but live music is not completely dead!
Last Monday I went to a jazz show at a private residence.  True, we had to
wear masks, and the public was restricted to 10 people, but still - live.
Not cheap - it cost NIS 120 (more or less US$35 + another $10 parking).
But the trio (trio only, so that the musicians would get at least a little
money) was excellent.  With Jacques Sany on soprano, Shimi - banjo, vocals
and leader, and Anton Lotzky - sousaphone.  The programme included
standards and Sidney Bechet's songs, as befits Jacques.  It was
interspersed with stories about Armstrong and Bechet.  And swung like hell!
Cheers