[Dixielandjazz] Bobby Hackett in Glasgow

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon May 11 08:32:33 EDT 2020

Lucky you!
Bobby Hackett was wonderful, in particular on ballads.  This is not to say
he couldn't play hot - he probably could have blown most trumpeters
off-stage, but there were very few who could meet his ballad playing.
You have mentioned the Dick Sudhalter band - could you provide the
personnel?  When the Sudhalter and Son LPs were originally issued I could
not afford them, and have been looking for them ever since.  When the GHB
group acquired the 77 catalogue I was hoping for a reissue, but it turned
out that those were not included in the deal.
Cheers,
Marek