[Dixielandjazz] Query. The Anderson fake book

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 24 23:22:33 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,
Yesterday, while responding to an off-list request from Bob Ringwald regarding Turk Murphy's recordings of the song "The Torch", I am revisiting it's complicated copyright.
A subject we discussed on the DJML back in September 2008. And covered in detail by my listmate Dick Baker in his Annotated Stomp Off Tunes Index.

It is in my copy of 'Anderson' as item No. 1113. Composed by Harry Herschel (1928). As registered in the 1928 LoC Copyright Entries book.
Crosschecking (as I do) I looked in my copy of the latest 'Anderson Index' and it is credited to Eddie Condon, 1941!
I do not have the book.
Can someone, with the latest 'Anderson' please send me a copy of tune No. 8190, "Torch (When You Carry The)"?
Very kind regards,
Bill.