[Dixielandjazz] RV: Check out my band playing Ellington's Awful Sad!

Shaw, Tim Tim.Shaw at vidrl.org.au
Mon Feb 3 07:33:12 EST 2020

?Go for the more arcane tunes, I think - there are too many (mostly boring) re-hashes of those that are well-known. From my experience, most CDs these days (last decade or so) are sold on the basis of audience appreciation of live performances. While they like to hear standard repertoire, the more obtuse stuff is often appreciated even more,