[Dixielandjazz] Uncle Yoke (was Acker Bilk in Poland)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 24 23:26:04 EDT 2020

Dear Marek,
When I put the Acker Bilk CDs back on the shelf after replying to your query, I found that the next two CDs were by Uncle Yoke's Back Dog Jazz Band.
They rang a bell, so put them on and I was delighted. Again.
I had forgotten all about the band.
Just the music to cheer us up during the worldwide caromavirus lockup.
Digging into my computer's memory and the internet I discovered that we had discussed this band on the DJML in January 2005!
   http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/2005-January/024211.html
Since then festival performance have appeared on YouTube but not (that I could find) the two cassette studio recordings.
Cheers,
Bill.