[Dixielandjazz] "Yellow Rose Of Texas"

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 18 18:28:02 EDT 2020

Ronnie Scott mentions that tune on a live recording. As I recall, he says:
"We don't normally play requests, but that last one was for the man who asked for 'The Yellow Rose of Texas'; that isn't actually what we played, but if the guy thinks back a little he will realise that the tune we did deliver contains many of the same notes."
which probably contains a close reproduction of the most recent time several readers encountered that particular jaundicing efflorescence,
these days you can be lone without being a star!
Robert the Hermit