[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 208, Issue 14

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Sat Apr 18 16:01:11 EDT 2020

At 09:00 AM 4/18/2020, Phil Wilking wrote:
>In this time of enforced idleness, we have a marvelous opportunity to work
>on some new old tunes.
>
>Here are URL's to three sites from which to download high-resolution scans
>of sheet music.
>
>USA copyright law is extremely restrictive for material more recent than
>1923, but libraries in other countries follow their local rules, and the
>Sheet Music Consortium has links to Canada and Australia.
>
>https://www.loc.gov/notated-music/collections/
>
>https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/divisions/music-division
>
>http://digital2.library.ucla.edu/sheetmusic/

Some others I found in my Stomp Off research project are

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/inharmony/welcome.do
         "IN Harmony: Sheet Music from Indiana"

http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/
         The Lester Levy collection at Johns Hopkins University

https://www.loc.gov/collections/ragtime/about-this-collection
         Ragtime collection at Library of Congress

https://yorkspace.library.yorku.ca/xmlui/handle/10315/8004
         York (Ontario) University collection
         Based on the collection of the late John Arpin

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org