[Dixielandjazz] Kelly and the "L"

Phil Wilking philwilking at cox.net
Sat Apr 18 18:04:08 EDT 2020

Sure, and if you read the words to the first verse, you’ll find it is indeed the painter who is singing, and not Kelly himself.

Phil Wilking

From: Al Levy
It was also my way of saying to the list "If you want a copy of any of these songs - It will be my pleasure to send them free pf charge!" Just identify yourself with the word "OKUM".

as for:"If I Knock The 'L' Out Of Kelly"

A sign painter messed up a sign for Kelly's store and is afraid to charge for his work, because Kelly may punch him

GOTCHA! close, but no cigar. Hint: Kelly is singing the song.