[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Sheet music sources -- The Yellow Rose of Texas (history)

Al Levy alevy at alevy.com
Sat Apr 18 12:09:00 EDT 2020

Hi Phil and everybody else,
I can use Google also!
If you note, I wrote out all the lyrics, looked up the history and got
whatever facts were available before I put the songs on line. On the
"Nostalgia" web page I have a foot note about "Yellow Rose".
To wit "If any one finds it objectionable I will remove it from my web
site."

As for the questions in my first post: It was a teaser to get people on
this list to see and hear tunes they might not know. As for the "promo
code": Just poking fun at all the companies out there.

It was also my way of saying to the list "If you want a copy of any of
these songs - It will be my pleasure to send them free pf charge!" Just
identify yourself with the word "OKUM".

as for:"If I Knock The 'L' Out Of Kelly"

A sign painter messed up a sign for Kelly's store and is afraid to
charge for his work, because Kelly may punch him

GOTCHA! close, but no cigar. Hint: Kelly is singing the song.

I learned a lot creating the "Nostalgia" page. Many of the lyrics are
about the Irish immigrants and how proud they were to be Irish. H. A.
double R. I.   etc. The ending line of "Kelly" is like a Alfred
Hitchcock surprise ending.

Thanks to all who sent birthday greetings. My wife is pleased as punch.
She is 86 today.
We met in High School - 1949. We married in 1954, I like to introduce
her as "My current wife."

so for now Wash Your Hands, Don't Touch Your Face, Wear A Mask, Keep
Your Distance (except in Florida) and above all I wish you and your
loved ones health and happiness. We will get over this together.

Please forgive my sarcasm, Also my strange use of upper case letters. I
am used to writing out song titles that way. The standard for the
industry was all upper case letters for titles. As usual I rebelled.

Al