[Dixielandjazz] Ken Colyer's Goin' home

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl
Sun Jan 13 06:26:40 EST 2019

There are many recorded versions of this tune. When checking Tom Lord's "The
Jazz Discography Online" it is clear that there is or are other tunes with
the same title.

Colyer's tune is only played by (mainly British) traditional bands. Colyer
himself often played it. I can name some other bands:

Savannah Jazz Band (sign off tune), John Maddock's Jazzmen, Papa Bue's
Viking Jazz Band [DK], Johnny Silvo & Diz Disley, Barry palser's Savoy
Jazzmen, The Zenith Hot Stompers, Gabadela Jazz Band [DK],

New Haranni Poison Mixers [D], Grand Dominion Jazz Band [Canada], Peoria
Jazz Band [Swe], New Black Eagle Jazz Band [USA], Albion Jazz Band, Monty
Sunshine's Jazz Band, Gentlemen of Jazz [DK].

The Goin' Home Band (!!).

And there are more!

Gerard Bielderman

Leie 18