[Dixielandjazz] Sit or stand

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Feb 17 16:43:05 EST 2019

As often happens, a subject on DJML eventually drifts into something much larger than the original.  I think that comparing "connecting with your audience" by a Jazz band with the dancing around we see with other styles of music is a stretch.  Not everyone in the audience at a Jazz gig is a knowledgeable Jazz fan, and getting these people "into your pocket" during a gig requires more than just music.  Having said that, I am a firm believer in "entertaining" as long as it is backed up with good music.  Jim

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​