[Dixielandjazz] Subject: standing, sitting, and jumping around

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri Feb 15 15:35:20 EST 2019

This is a discussion that wouldn't exist for most pop music today. Just about every rock and hiphop band in recent times has taken " stand up and dance around" to absurd dimensions. All that motion and energy, and musically, nothing's happening (typically). Bore, bore, bore. Thankfully, the tradition is Country & Western music, like jazz, is mainly on expressiveness and not calisthenics.

Charles