[Dixielandjazz] Sarah Vaughan - > Listen To Quarter Tones

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Dec 23 21:51:44 EST 2019

Thanks, Al. I'm far from having perfect pitch, but as a drummer I could usually tell when one sax player in a section was out of tune, or when a trumpeter had the annoying habit of playing sharp. My bro Don used to complain that in the latter case, he would seem to have a "dead' sound when he soloed after the trumpet man.  "Is  It True What They Say About Dixie?"—Naw, not the Dixie of romantic legend. But so many are stuck in the legend. Have I sent the attached article?

Charlie