[Dixielandjazz] Who gets the blame?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 16:40:32 EDT 2018

Hi Jim, Listmates,
The Happy Jazz Band is another story altogether!
Although I have never visited Texas (and probably never shall), I remember
Jim Cullum's Happy Jazz Band, with a very young cornet player Jim Cullum
(junior).  Wow, what a band!  I loved Jim Cullum's clarinetting (and still
listen to "The Eloquent Clarinet of Jim Cullum").  When Cullum junior
"inherited" the band, he kept the name for a while, but changed it later
when the band's style had changed.  It still is a wonderful band!
Cheers!