[Dixielandjazz] Who gets the blame?

Jim Allen jim.allen at longhornband.net
Sat Sep 15 15:46:35 EDT 2018

All these mentions of the Dukes of Dixieland and influences prompt me to give tip of the hat to The Happy Jazz Band in San Antonio, broadcasting Friday nights on WOAI from The Landing on the Riverwalk.  That was shortly before HemisFair revitalized the area on the way to what the Riverwalk has become.  I was too young to be allowed in at the Landing then.

As a young Navy officer in San Diego after college, I was a life member of Mickey Finn’s, spending many a happy evening with the sawdust, peanuts and tourists.  It is hard to remember after these decades whether the attraction was the music or Mickey Finn!

Best

Jim Allen
Sent from my iPad