[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Tony Orr orr.tony at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:43:18 EDT 2018

Hi, Marek
thank you for the account of the concert. It is great that they are still
playing and touring.
The Dutch Swing College were in Melbourne early 1980s and we managed to
catch up with some of the guys. I was playing with the Society Syncopators
then and styles were similar.
I do hope the DSC still has some of their 1950s repertoire going and can
achieve the sound they had then. It was such a hot band. One of my
favourite 78RPMs is the DSC playing "Tears" and "Alexanders Ragtime Band".
Two trumpets, banjo and, alternating between brass and string bass on
either side.

Of course, it is all on YouTube now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24MY1twuGE0

cheers