[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:43:08 EDT 2018

Hello Tony,
The answer is "yes - and no."  I mean, the band still plays the traditional
numbers it did in the 1950's and 1960's, but it played neither "Alexander's
Ragtime Band" nor "Tears."  I have several DSCB Lps (and a few CDs), but
none of them features those numbers.
I have one "Society Syncopators"  from 1996, but you are not on it.
The current band is much more swing oriented than the earlier one;
strangely, it started with swing in 1945, evolved into one of the best
European traditional bands, and then went back to swing without abandoning
Dixieland.  A wonderful band.
Cheers,
Marek