[Dixielandjazz] Django Reinhardt

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 6 17:08:25 EST 2018

> Has anybody got Django Reinhardt's double album "Swinging Lightly", Blue Diamond CBS2218, issued in the UK in 1985?  I am mentioning the year and place of issue because there is another compilation under the same title but not all the tracks thereon are the same.  The tracks are:

The 1954? 10" LP. Django
> Oh, Lady Be Good
> Dinah
> Confessin' (That I Love You)
> I Saw Stars
> Tiger Rag
> The Continental
> Blue Drag
> Sweet Sue, Just You
> The Sunshine Of Your Smile
> Swannee River

The 1972 LP Swing It Lighty

> Nuages (Clouds)
> Night And Day
> September Song
> Confessin' (That I Love You)
> Testament
> Brazil
> Manoir De Mes Rêves
> Blues For Ike
> Insensiblement
> Gypsy With A Song

> This is a reissue of a 1954 and 1972 LPs.  The 1972 LP is apparently some queer Columbia experiment in putting Django against the background of Guitars Unlimited.
> I am mainly interested in the personnel on the numbers without Guitars Unlimited.

Dear Marek,
Here I am again.
You missed the last digit on the catalogue number. It is Blue Diamond CBS 22186.
https://www.discogs.com/Django-Reinhardt-Django-Swing-It-Lightly/release/6368748

I have located the unwanted details for the 1972 LP.
Could this be the source for the 1950s LP (a 10").
It was reissued widely in various forms, including Australia. I had in in my collection.

•Django Reinhardt And The Quintet Du Hot Club De France* ‎– Django
CBS ‎– 52 213
Series: Realm Jazz Series –
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
Country: Europe
Released: 1969
Tracklist
A1	Oh, Lady Be Good
A2	Dinah
A3	Confessin'
A4	I Saw Stars
A5	Tiger Rag
B1	The Continental
B2	Blue Drag
B3	Sweet Sue, Just You
B4	The Sunshine Of Your Smile
B5	Swannee River
Credits
	• Bass – Louis Vola
	• Guitar – Django Reinhardt, Joseph Reinhardt, Roger Chaput
	• Liner Notes – Alexis Korner
	• Violin – Stephane Grappelly*
	• Vocals – Jerry Mengo (tracks: B1, B3)
Notes