[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Where have all the DJMLers gone?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Aug 22 06:26:00 EDT 2018

Hi, Bill & everyone.  I'm still here in Madrid, albeit somewhat tied up with recouping from 1st a broken hand followed by an operation to repair my broken Achilles tendon.  Two accidents at home, one following the other!  1st. time I've ever broken anything in my 77 yrs!

Anyway, our band has had our annual August break (although I never made it to the beach as I usually do!).  Next week we have 3 nights in a row at a local club.  Have a look at the club (great place!) at www.bogui.es   Lots of videos & photos.  Click on More Info on our band ad & there are videos of us there.

I'll be playing sitting down for these 3 nights as I get around the house on crutches, but only in a wheelchair away from home.  I never, ever sit down to play, but have been practicing daily at home sitting on a straight backed chair (not leaning back), which is a must for a brass player.

Sorry, Bill.  I'm the last person to add something to your lyric quest.  Perhaps our good friend Marek will pipe in on that one.  He's a font of info, also.

Can't imagine why we don't have news about Bob Ringwald.  ??  You'd think someone would have some news.  I do hope he is getting better & will be back at the keyboard (computer & piano) soon.

Some good people on this list, so not to worry too much.  We're still hanging on, even if it is to just delight at the notices we get from the gigs Ross does down under!

Cheers, Jim

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​