[Dixielandjazz] Firehouse Five Fake Book.... in Bb?

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Thu Oct 26 01:47:39 EDT 2017

Les Elkins wrote:

> I'm familiar with the Firehouse Five Fake Book, and know it
> is available online (e.g. at archive.org).

It's available online, but it's not the "Firehouse Five" Fake book. It's the fake book assembled by the Firehouse Jazz Band which (I think) was based in Nashville, TN.

> So apparently there was a Bb edition at some point. Is this available
> online anywhere as a PDF? Alternately, anybody got a source for a hard copy?

I have the whole thing on PDF. It's rather a sloppy scanning job, and the two-page tunes are in two separate files, one file per page. Email me privately about the best way to get a copy to you, which will probably be for me to buy a small thumb drive, copy the book onto it, and mail you the thumb drive. I'll have to see what I can get as a good price on thumb drives.

I have both the C and Bb books; my C book goes up to tune # 533; the Bb book goes to # 546.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers Vintage Jazz Band