[Dixielandjazz] The Canal St. Jazz Band of Madrid

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun May 14 07:15:39 EDT 2017

As I have already mentioned, I met listmate Jim Kashinian in Madrid, heard
his band live and brought back two CDs - the band's 45th anniversary CD and
its 50th anniversary one.
Both are very good, the 50th anniversary one being among the better
contemporary CDs I have acquired over the last few years.  It is
wonderful!  When "Hindustan" started, I felt that Jim's intro was worth the
price of admission; by the end, I felt this was among the best renditions
of that number I've ever heard!
Cheers