[Dixielandjazz] Bull's head -- was London

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 8 17:03:45 EDT 2017

The Bulls Head?

 a respectful but serious ribbing is only to be expected,
like saying our friend and worthy co-constituent

presumably had a very good time at the Bull's Head or wherever --
famous jazz old venue where impressive gigs have beenput on record --

we even get the wrong e-mail address -- the correct one is:

http://www.thebullsheadbarnes.com

And on the website the band members are NOT listed as

...  Stan Tracey, Tubby Hayes, and Kenny Clarke.

That dream team is with Humph and with the (small 'a', not a hostelry) angels

including John Dankworth, also mentioned, and I fear most of the "/Boland Big Band"
mentioned as a group, are now and forever

rocking their and other souls in the bosom of Abraham
(no closing time but one gathers there have been admission problems

(considerable delays were mentioned by Signor Alighieri,

though I gather he had settled on permanent residence before his report was printed.).

As for Humph's band:

Tony Fisher has the trumpet duties once Humph's and is billed as having

worked with the men listed.

At least the living band will be there on July 18th., rather far for me to travel.
IT IS SOME TIME SINCE I HEARD ANY REPORT OF THEM,

and I hope our friend had half as much fun at the Bull's Head as I did pulling his leg here!

Robert R. Calder