[Dixielandjazz] Sacto Festival

domitype domitype domitype at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 01:23:17 EST 2017

I basically agree - having played there from the late 70s until last year,
in a variety of bands (in many different styles, not all OKOM.)
I first played Sacto with the Churchill Street Jazz Band - did that for 3
years, then later with Earl Sheelars's Zenith Brass Band many years (for
the parade) and then much later with the California Repercussions - an 80
piece rock and roll/jazz/novelty marching band - for maybe a dozen years.
We played in the streets of Old Sac and had quite a few repeat audiences!

In all of those years I have seen some amazing bands from all over the
world, and have made many new friends.

I am still not sure if the experiment  of bringing more variety of styles
to the festival was a good idea or not - I really like groups such as Tower
of Power, but maybe it was not exactly the best place to present their
music.

David RIchoux