[Dixielandjazz] SPIRITUALS TO SWING CONCERT

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 23 00:48:32 EDT 2017

OK, just joking!  As I was saying yesterday only last year

I also see from an obit to the JoeSullivanist poet Roy Fisher that he was very keen to stand on the station platform where King Oliver (currently playing .....), met Louis off the train from New Orleans. When does it get in?

And the greatest living tenor saxophonist is Barney Bigard and John Coltrane has not yet been born?

Next week my first visit to ... I forget the name of the place, but it's less than fourteen miles from New Orleans and clear nights are forecast when I'll be able to listen to Buddy Bolden!

Robert R. Calder