[Dixielandjazz] Important to all members of DJML

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Aug 23 16:25:36 EDT 2017

There are several reasons why posts to DJML are not received, or are received late. Two of which follow:

1. The person posts an email to DJML using a different email address than what they are subscribed under.

DJML software will not accept emails that are not registered with the program. DJML gets hundreds of SPAM messages sent to it from non-registered email addresses. I am sure we do not want these SPAM messages posted to the List. Thus the DJML assistant moderator, Dave Haupt, periodically goes through the SPAM, deletes it and releases emails that should be posted but have been held for various reasons including this one.

Before posting to DJML, make sure you are using the email address which you are already registered with on DJML.

2. DJML software will not accept posts that are too long. The max size of an email is 50 kB. If an email is larger, the DJML software will hold the email until the assistant DJML Moderator goes through and either releases it for the List, or deletes it.

If you have any questions regarding the operation of DJML software, I suggest you contact the DJML Assistant Moderator, Dave Haupt, srdaven at yahoo.com

Bob Ringwald

DJML Moderator

---