[Dixielandjazz] Are any of these musicians still with us?

Andrew Homzy andrew.homzy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 23:54:52 EDT 2016

> On Sun, Oct 2, 2016, at 7:44 PM, Bert Thompson <dr_bert at juno.com> wrote:
>
> Why would one want a copy (this LP) when the original (ODJB Recording) is still available?  And why even make the copy to begin with?
>
> Regards,
>

> Bert Thompson

That’s a good point Bert.

Maybe, for reasons similar to why the Time-Life recreations of big band era recordings were so popular.

My interest is musicological. If these guys did notated transcriptions, they would be a great aid to study and analysis in determining how the ODJB put together their startling new music -

That’s why I asked the question: Are any of these musicians still with us?

On iTunes, search for -

Original Dixieland Jazz in Hi-Fi

Cheers,

Andrew