[Dixielandjazz] FW: Looking for "best of Turk" tracks

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon May 4 11:08:46 PDT 2015

On May 4, 2015, at 5:27 AM, Marek Boym wrote:

> AS to soloists Charlie's mentioned, Steve is right.  I do not consider Rank
> or Brunis (I love George Brunis; Rank is less prominent on the records I've
> heard) on par with Lincoln or McGarity.

Abe and Lou were more versatile musicians. I especially enjoy their big, extroverted sounds. But within their time frame and genres, Brunis and Rank were brilliant. I thinks that Rank's solo lines on the Bix sides with Don Murrary et al.,  can be described and imaginatively funky. Joyous, even,.

Charlie