[Dixielandjazz] Looking for "best of Turk" tracks

Augustine Daniel ds.augustine at utexas.edu
Mon May 4 07:12:43 PDT 2015

    Reports of our death have been greatly exaggerated.
    Here's Turk playing his own composition, "Trombone Rag", one that's pretty hard and that not many other trombonists seem to have tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlbu9aPd4P4

    Dan
On May 4, 2015, at 3:05 AM, Jim Kashishian <jim at kashprod.com> wrote:

Charlie wrote:
> Can some Turk fans on the list furnish a link to some Murphy stuff that you
see as outstanding?

Charlie, I think they have all left the list or have died.  My comment
should have raised a few comments if any of the Left Coast guys were still
around!  Still, I think your request is a good one, and would like to see
something come of it.  As I said before, I always found his brillance in his
breaks, even if only 2 bars.

Jim

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**    "We believe in musical evolution, not revolution.  There are
**     enough revolutionary musicians playing revolting music."
**                   -- Turk Murphy (1915-1987)