[Dixielandjazz] Kenny Davern - a bit of history?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 05:33:44 PST 2015

Wow!
A great story, Tony!
Kenny Davern was among the most versatile traditional clarinet players (to
me, that's from George Lewis to Artie Shaw).  But I've never heard Davern
sounding like anybody I could identify.
I'll take this opportunity to repeat what I've said (and probably written
to the list) many times: one of the most (if not "the most") original
sounds in contemporary jazz is the leader of  the New Black Eagle Jazz
Band, who this time shall remain nameless.
Cheers (just having Jem's 8.8; Jem's is an Israeli craft brewery, and 8.8
refers tothe alcohol contents.  This Belgian style ale can concur with any
Belgian ale I know)