[Dixielandjazz] My good news and bad news....

Les Elkins leslie.r.elkins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:08:29 PST 2015

Just as a data point, I recently looked into the possibility of attending
the NY Hot Jazz Camp in May, only to find that they're already full for
trumpets. And both sessions of the 2016 New Orleans jazz camps are *also*
full for trumpets. That's 6-8 months out.

I'm pleased that there is interest and demand for this stuff- but dangit, I
was planning on NY's camp at least! Oh well, there's always next year.

Obviously NY is new, but I don't recall NO filling up nearly so early in
the past. For the folks in the know- is this greater interest a new trend?
Is there any change in demographics (young players, or new retirees with
more time on their hand wanting to up their game)? Just curious....

-Les Elkins

--
"NEVER use a maj7 chord in any bar that is named after a deceased NASCAR
  driver, a large-calibre firearm, or an intoxicated farm animal."