[Dixielandjazz] Clifford Brown's artistry

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Tue Apr 28 09:48:24 PDT 2015

I don't know if I'd go quite as far as Pat does in his assessment of Brown,
but will say that I am not impressed or enamored by the performance.  His
tone is OK, reasonably distinctive, but his playing is filled with missed
notes.  For instance he repeated a 6 note figure three times in a row,
clamming on one note the first and second time he tried it.  The third time
he kinda got it.   Is that his 'style'?  If it is and people like it, fine
for them, not for me.

Ron L