[Dixielandjazz] Clifford Brown's artistry

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Apr 28 09:39:51 PDT 2015

Charles Suhor wrote:

You nailed it, Tim.  Calling all figs, hipsters, and music lovers in
general! Please listen to this stunning 4-minute track of Clifford playing
"I Can't Get Started." His virtuosity is at the service of melodic
invention. If the soulful, creative interpretation doesn't move you, I wish
you love and a heart transplant. Comparisons to Bunny Berigan are
irrelevant, except to pay tribute to the genius of both men.

Charlie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9wHyy5cX0

Charlie, thank you for that stunning performance by Clifford Brown. I don't
know how anyone could say that Clifford is not playing Jazz. Even if you
don't care for that style of Jazz, anyone with any musical taste at all
should be able to recognize Clifford's genious.

I'd be willing to bet my first born that both Louis and Bix would have loved
that performance.

-Bob Ringwald