[Dixielandjazz] Clifford Brown's artistry

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Apr 27 23:43:53 PDT 2015

You nailed it, Tim.  Calling all figs, hipsters, and music lovers in general! Please listen to this stunning 4-minute track of Clifford playing "I Can't Get Started." His virtuosity is at the service of melodic invention. If the soulful, creative interpretation doesn't move you, I wish you love and a heart transplant. Comparisons to Bunny Berigan are irrelevant, except to pay tribute to the genius of both men.

Charlie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9wHyy5cX0