[Dixielandjazz] Tram

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Sat Apr 25 08:30:07 PDT 2015

You're not missing much. Trambauer was never a great jazz improviser. He was better as an aircraft pilot. When he made these Capitols (which I have) he was way past his best and at this period very rusty. The arrangements are by Bill Stegmeyer (of Lawson-Haggart fame) and he plays clarinet on the date. Also on it are Pee Wee Erwin, Dave Bowman and a not bad Teagarden sound-alike, Jack Lacey. For some odd reason there are two bassists, Trigger Alpert and Bob Haggart. Johnny Blowers was the drummer.
Steve Voce

Sent from my iPad