[Dixielandjazz] Is it a Turk or Watters album?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Apr 14 02:14:59 PDT 2015

I wrote:
> I found the one I was thinking of & it is Columbia Turk & Wally Rose
"Jelly Roll Morton".

And, Bill answered:
>That Columbia Morton LP has a picture of Jelly (not Rose) on the cover.
You must be getting old.

Along with my earlier mentioning of having trouble getting down on my hands
& knees to go through my albums, now Bill is painting me as being senile!

I am a bit stiff as far as getting down on the ground, etc., but my head is
just fine, thank you very much!   :>

There has been a misunderstanding of albums between myself & my good friend
Bill.  I was speaking of the album entitled "The Music of Jelly Roll Morton
played by Turk Murphy & Wally Rose", Columbia CL559.  The bright red, white
& black (lettering) cover shows a picture of Wally sitting at the piano &
Turk alongside holding a music chart.  Both are quite young in the picture.
Jelly Roll is nowhere to be seen.

The album Bill is referring to is a Lu Watters recording.

I hope that clears it all up, and proves that I am still quite young &
healthy in both mind & body!  I'll be only 74 in a few days.

Jim