[Dixielandjazz] What I've noticed at Festivals

Kevin Yeates kyeates at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 13:58:20 PDT 2014

Bill,
Well said. What I do like about so many of the bands that you described is that their level of performance makes it so easy to be above average.

Along with the test you provided to see if it is time to pack it in, I think the simple measure of "Are you playing your tunes intro, head, solos, head, ending?" If the answer is yes then you are either a pick-up group with no imagination, or you are a band for whom it is time to pack it in.
Kevin YeatesVancouver, Canada