[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Thu May 8 05:45:28 PDT 2014

Sweets Edison a forerunner of Bunk Johnson?  Bunk was playing top clubs
when Louis Armstrong was a street urchin singing barbershop on the corner!
 Harry on the other hand, was a mere twinkle in somebody's eye when Louis
was first cornet of the coloured waifs' band.

just sayin'

I still think the labels are meaningless of themselves, and that you give
them meaning by giving them context and then establishing them as your
brand.  Very few people, I'd think, would confuse the word 'jazz' as
applied to a "Jazz Festival" that features Led Zepplin alumni as headliners
with the same word applied to the Breda Jazz Festival, and if they did,
they'd only do so once :)

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*