[Dixielandjazz] DJML Facebook Page

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sat Jan 25 21:17:14 PST 2014

No folks we are not struggling with a dying art form at all we are struggling with some older folks who cannot or will not try to keep up with life as it progresses,  and well meaning societies that are hell bent on destroying it as anything more than their private party.   The art form is alive and well and will be in spite of the naysayers and those who voluntarily choose to fall off the wagon as it moves forward.   Many would simply be happy to remain stuck in Time.  Some of us refuse to lay down and die and accept no as an answer.

Well go ahead and maybe when some kid finally creates the Time Machine we can come back to your time and say hello  and show you videos of thousands of kids dancing to OKOM again.     History repeats itself, and some of us are still out there making it happen.  Fortunately we are also teaching younger kids how to do it and keep this NON Dying Art Form alive and thriving for the movers and shakers.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
Who will be entertaining 7000 + people with it  on Feb 22
who are paying $35.00 to $75.00 a ticket to experience it,  For the Third Year in a Row in a city known for it's OKOM, but non of their Society members will even show up much less get a gig there.

OKOM was not born and performed in Hotels at low volume wheel chair accessible  warm and cozy upper middle class Hotels
it was performed in big old cold dance halls that warmed up with the sweaty bodies of young folks having a good time dancing to the music.

And last Year we played 26 great Mardi Gras Gigs in 22 days,  but some think we are lying and are just braggarts.