[Dixielandjazz] Those who dislike change . . .

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Sat Jan 25 09:26:05 PST 2014

sorry, no, email has not 'evolved' to have rich text, the text that is
carried by email has been expanded to include all sorts of things, but that
does nto change the email, it is *still* a sequence of packets delivered by
TCP/IP connections.  The SMTP protocol was formally established in 1982
with RFC 821, later modifed by RFC 2822 in 2001 mostly removing obsolete
syntax and formalizing some incremental changes and then again with RFC
5321 in 2008 which is really just a best practices guide on ways to use the
protocol in a browser environment.

but the core facility has not changed.

banjos and guitars are, in my humble opinion, much more interesting than
IETF RFC's but then no one has ever offered to pay me even half as much
money to play the banjo (or I'd be GONE man, real gone)

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*