[Dixielandjazz] To All DJML Members

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Fri Jan 10 07:07:20 PST 2014

Please stop blaming Facebook for things that are NOT Facebook's fault.

Ron L'Herault wrote:

> ... Facebook bombards you with tons of stuff you don't want
> or need.

Not if you take a few minutes to learn how to configure your Facebook
account so that you DON''T receive things you don't want or need.

For example, someone (I forget who) wrote here yesterday that their wife
gets too many Facebook notifications via email. If she doesn't want those
notifications, she can turn them off. It's not Facebook's fault if she's
left them turned on.

> Web based things, especially if free will be full of annoying adverts
> and most likely be slow to load.

This may be true to a degree, but the speed at which things load onto your
computer are FAR more closely tied to the speed of your processor and the
speed and bandwidth of your Internet connection.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers