[Dixielandjazz] To All DJML Members

Jim Allen jim.allen at longhornband.net
Thu Jan 9 17:43:25 PST 2014

I refuse to go on Facebook because of the scrutiny the Facebook folk give
everything that passes through there.  that's how they make their money.
Moreover, you can't control it as far as I can tell, as you can with
e-mails.

A high school buddy was visiting us and convinced my wife to sign up on
Facebook.  What a mistake.  She gets 50, 60 sometimes over 100 e-mails a
day from "friends" posting stuff on Facebook.  I warned her something like
this would happen, and it did.

The forum software is much better, if someone undertakes to manage it.
That software seems to be reasonably flexible, and has a great deal of
capacity.

Best

Jim Allen