[Dixielandjazz] Chris Barber in East Berlin 1965

Bert mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 02:19:24 PST 2014

Gerard,
Thanks for the extra information.
I knew about the Jackie Flavelle story. Chris Barber told me that he had a Dutch bass player helping out, but he could not remember the name.(to be fully honest, Chris was not very impressed by his playing, whereas he was very much pleased by de Lussanet, both as a person and playing wise)
That's why I mentioned : recorded concert.
The story of Huub Janssen also helping out is new to me, so many thanks for that!
Have a nice day,
Bert