[Dixielandjazz] Chris Barber in East Berlin 1965

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl
Mon Jan 6 01:09:24 PST 2014

Apart from Bert, Lussanet was not the only Dutchman who played (but not
officially recorded) with the Chris Barber Band. In the 80s another DSC
drummer, Huub Janssen, depped with the band, in the UK. The set was
recorded
(privately) but with bad sound quality. And on November 16, 1976 Jackie
Flavelle had to fly home to be present at the birth of his second
daughter.
Barber called DSC bass player Chris Smildiger and he came straight to
Zwolle, my home town. I have a photo to proof it.
Gerard Bielderman