[Dixielandjazz] Chris Barber in East Berlin 1965

Bert mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 13:14:52 PST 2014

There is a nice story behind it. It is the only recorded concert with another Dutch musician in the Chris Barber band.Louis de Lussanet, had left the Dutch Swing College band by this time and helped out only for this TV show.
Chris told me , when I asked about this, that his regular drummer had had his hand stuck in a too hastily closed car door, and was too much injured to play.They had allready left England when it happened, so they needed someone who could come on the spot.
So that's why Louis was asked to do it and went to Berlin.
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma