[Dixielandjazz] Live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 15:02:22 PST 2014

Just back from another monthly guitar jam sessoin.  "Guitar" in this case
is rather loosely defined, as there was a clarinet player (if he continues
coming to those jam seesions and to sit in with Eli Preminger, he might
become a real jazzman - he is still young) and a violin player.  On other
occasions various other instrumnets were played - once there were three
trumpeters!  I guess that ukelele can be described as a baby guitar, so
it's kosher.  Anyway, a lot of fun, even though the number of musicians was
not as big as some other times.
Its happening at a very good microbrewery pub, The Dancing Camel, added to
my enjoyment - the beer was really excellent.  I palrticularly liked the
"Leche del Diablo," but it may not be suitable for a gringo palate, being
brewed with hot chilli peppers.
Cheers