[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 12 12:29:17 PST 2014

I do have experience of Dixieland being played by old white guys with no soul...

A lot depends on how you phrase the word "Dixieland"
for maximum irony say it with the mindless cheer of the pale, soulless and lacking in youthfulness

I'm not sure I would call the noise Dixieland Jazz but

I've heard white guys of a wide range of ages playing a wide range of stuff with no soul

Mush, Musak  . . ..

Fortunately I have heard lotsa honkie seniors giving with everything it takes!
Play on!

Robert R. Calder